Let's say that you are traveling to a hotel with your significant other and you would really like to have the room decorated. If we are unavailable in the city of your choice and/or you would like to have control over exactly how the room will look, here are some ideas:
- Order our Romance In A Box and have us ship it to your hotel (attn: Your First and Last Name and Confirmation Number)
- You can either (a) arrange to arrive before your special someone and take 15 - 20 minutes decorating the room or (b) show up with them and then offer them some other type of surprise to give you the time to decorate. Some of our customer favorites have been:
- Set up a massage, facial or pedicure for them
- Tell them you have a headache and would like to lie down for half an hour. Ask that they return to the room to come pick you up.
- Have a drink in the bar. Tell them you have a surprise for them and you would like if they came up to the room in 20 minutes (they won't know what the surprise is still!)
- OR best yet - just tell the truth and let them know that you are setting up a surprise for them. Just request that they keep themselves busy somewhere other than the hotel room for just about 15-20 minutes and then you will meet them down in the lobby. Everyone likes a surprise!
Another option is to have us coordinate with your hotel of choice to have the hotel decorate the room on our behalf. Here is how that works:
- Contact us by phone at toll free 1.888.871.3248 extension 1 to place your order.
- Provide us with the name of your hotel and the date of your stay and we will confirm, in advance of your purchase, that the hotel will decorate your guest room with our Romance Inside A Box. In our experience, the nicer hotels will definitely do this as a guest service.
- Once we confirm this service is available we will contact you to process your order.
- Your box will be shipped to an exact contact person at your hotel and will arrive, in most cases, two full days in advance of your check-in date. You will be copies on the tracking information so that you know your design has arrived.
- We will follow up on the day the shipment arrives to confirm with the hotel and we do request that you also contact the hotel on this one occasion to firm up your exact arrival time to the hotel. Once the box is signed for by the hotel, they will now be your official contact.
- All you need to do is show up and your room will be decorated and ready to go!
- Note: There is a nominal $20 additional fee for coordination and to provide the hotel with a gratuity for their services. Just about every hotel, especially historic inns, do not allow real candles which is why we use the LED flickering candles (they look great, they are safe and can be "lit" prior to your arrival). The above instructions apply for anywhere in the U.S. except for Monterey County, California.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com